Sunday, April 19, 2020

Cashew Burfi/Kaju Burfi



Hello Everyone,

My mom used to make this often during my childhood days. I must say she is expert in making this delicious sweet. Everyone in our family love this especially my son. Whenever my mom visits my place, she used to make this for him. We moved to USA and my son asked me to make this.. phew, I don't know how to make. My mom gave me this recipe and I started making this. This has become fav for my friends here.

Ingredients
1 Cup Cashew
1 Cup Besan flour
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Fresh Grated Coconut
1 Cup Ghee + 2 tbsp ghee in case needed while stirring
3 Cups Sugar

Method
1. Soak cashew in cup of milk for 1-1.5 hrs. Grind soaked cashew, milk and coconut to smooth paate. Keep it aside.
2. Heat and melt Ghee in a large pan/ non stick pan. Add Besan to ghee and mix well without any lumps. Switch off the flame.
3. Add ground cashew, milk, coconut paste and 3 Cups of sugar to ghee and besan. Mix well thoroughly without lumps.
4. Switch on the flame. Start stirring.
5. Stir continuously on low flame.
6. Mixture starts to thicken. Stir until it is thick paste. The mixture should separate from the pan.
7. Add 1 or 2 tbsp ghee if needed so that mixture doesn't stick it the pan.
8. Switch of the flame. Grease large plate with ghee.
9. Transfer cashew mixture to the plate. Let it cool down for 5-10 mins. Cut it to diamond shaped pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment