Thursday, May 7, 2020

Kattan Chaya




Hello everyone,

Kattan Chaya/Sulaimaani is a black tea prepared in kerala.

I am not a tea lover and I don’t drink tea but I love to make tea. I learned to make good tea from my sis. SV and my in-laws like my tea. SV usually makes Kattan Chaya that is black tea without milk. Just plain tea with only water and honey.

It is spring and weather is pleasant in seattle. SV asked for evening tea. I said I will make Kattan Chaya and I wanted to make it with more flavor and tasty. I tried adding few other ingredients. It turned out well :) I thought of sharing this recipe with others.


Ingredients:
Water-1cup
Tea Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon stick-1/2 inch
Ginger -1/2 inch
Mint leaves - 4-5 leaves
Lime juice - 1tsp
Honey as per taste

Method:
  1. Take water in a saucepan ,add ginger,cinnamon stick, tea powder. Cover and boil for a minute.
  2.  Then add tea powder and mint leaves. Let it boil for a minute.
  3.  Switch off the gas and close the pan. Leave it for 2-3 minutes.
  4.  Strain it using filter.
  5. Add honey, lemon juice and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment